Thread: starwars pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default starwars pachinko

hi all
    iv just bought a starwars pachinko and i was woundering where i could buy some spair bulbs from , looking at the machine without playing it i can see most of the coloured lights are L.E.D , but theres a load of small white ones in wedges all around the front of this baby .

my question is , where can i buy some from , and what are they called , trouble is i dont know what volts they are or the wottage .

can anyone help me with this ....... thanks

also im not sure if this post is in the right section or not .

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: starwars pachinko

arby should know the answer to this question, I'm sure he will chime and and give you the answer you are looking for

as far as the category, I think this should be in the "pachinko mods and tech" section
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hawkxp
    hi all
    iv just bought a starwars pachinko and i was woundering where i could buy some spair bulbs from , looking at the machine without playing it i can see most of the coloured lights are L.E.D , but theres a load of small white ones in wedges all around the front of this baby .

my question is , where can i buy some from , and what are they called , trouble is i dont know what volts they are or the wottage .

can anyone help me with this ....... thanks

also im not sure if this post is in the right section or not .
    The only place I have found is Pachinko Vendors in Japan, use an Agent to buy them for you like KEE-EYE

http://key-eye.net/ He has an enlish page listed
    And YES he can be TRUSTED I have gave him 1,000s of dollars on acount.
    Kiaigumi Is a very Good Man and friend.

As to voltage no idea, not a elec. tron. man.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

4. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks for the replys guys ...... i checked the link out also ..... to be honnest , iv no clue at what im actually looking at

iv just been looking at some bulbs however , and iv also checked the bulbs in the machine , to me they look like a wire end bulbs , as i can see that this little bulb pushes into the wedge as theres 2 small holes where the legs of the bulb go through and then from what i can see the legs bend round the sides .

can anyone confirm that these are the bulbs i need , do any of you fellas have one of these machines and could tell me for sure .

thanks for any help

andy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Using Key-Eye

use the link arby posted, then click on Key-Eye(English) then contact us. ask Kiaugami for the bulbs you are looking for and he will get back to you. I'm sure he will know what bulbs you need, but they will most likely have to come from Japan as arby stated. It will usually take about 24 hours for him to reply due to the time difference so be patient.

hope this helps

ダン

7. The following user says "Thanks" to DaStooge

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hawkxp
    thanks for the replys guys ...... i checked the link out also ..... to be honnest , iv no clue at what im actually looking at

iv just been looking at some bulbs however , and iv also checked the bulbs in the machine , to me they look like a wire end bulbs , as i can see that this little bulb pushes into the wedge as theres 2 small holes where the legs of the bulb go through and then from what i can see the legs bend round the sides .

can anyone confirm that these are the bulbs i need , do any of you fellas have one of these machines and could tell me for sure .

thanks for any help

andy

EXCELLENT QUESTION!! These bulbs are called Bayonet type bulbs similar types are used in the automobile industry as side marker lamps and also dashboard lamps. However DON'T go out and buy these. Some of these will work but not for long. I am not hip to Pachinko (like it alot but don't own one YET hehehe). But I know in Pachislo's (Pachinkos distant cousin) they use bayonet base bulbs. In most cases they seem to be about 3 watt. As to the Voltage they appear to be 24 volt bulbs. I noticed that Toshiba makes some as some of the ones I have do have some writing on them. If I could find my darn glasses I could even read the number and their might be a way of cross referencing the numbers and finding something local that is compatible. Having spares is always a good idea and your going about this the right way. I too will soon have a Star Wars Pachinko. I am waiting for it to come off the boad from Japan this month.

Hope this helps you out.

Regards,
    Tony

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer888
    EXCELLENT QUESTION!! These bulbs are called Bayonet type bulbs similar types are used in the automobile industry as side marker lamps and also dashboard lamps. However DON'T go out and buy these. Some of these will work but not for long.As to the Voltage they appear to be 24 volt bulbs. I noticed that Toshiba

Hope this helps you out.

Regards,
    Tony
    Auto Zone had some on clearance over the weekend so I grabed 5 packs worth (10 bulbs) for 5 plus tax. Opened a pack up. Knowing they were 12volt and my machine was 24volt but I thought that it wouldn't shoot 24volts through light bulbs. well aparently they do. turned on machine. bulbs were very, very bright... about 15sec. or less, later, pop,pop, pop. all three went out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

at least you didn't catch any glass shrapnel

ダン

11. The following user says "Thanks" to DaStooge

Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_doo_m2002
    Auto Zone had some on clearance over the weekend so I grabed 5 packs worth (10 bulbs) for 5 plus tax. Opened a pack up. Knowing they were 12volt and my machine was 24volt but I thought that it wouldn't shoot 24volts through light bulbs. well aparently they do. turned on machine. bulbs were very, very bright... about 15sec. or less, later, pop,pop, pop. all three went out.

Hmmm I was thinking what is the current draw on these and you solved my dilema. Now I know that there is NO chance of them working. However.. hmmm I wonder if a person was to put in dropping resistors I wonder if that would work.
    I think that Jeff might have tried it. At least Da Stooge is right.. no glass sharapnel

Tony

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK I did my research on the Pachislo type bulbs. They are infact called wedge mount peanut bulbs. I will post what I found in a new thread.

Tony

14. The following user says "Thanks" to SpeedRacer888

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer888
    Hmmm I was thinking what is the current draw on these and you solved my dilema. Now I know that there is NO chance of them working. However.. hmmm I wonder if a person was to put in dropping resistors I wonder if that would work.
    I think that Jeff might have tried it. At least Da Stooge is right.. no glass sharapnel

Tony

in answer to your question yes it will work but why do it when the resistors + the 12v bulbs needed to do the job will cost more than the right bulbs in the first place ....... we were talking about LEDs before but same applies here .
    Jeff

16. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks for all the replys guys

so these things are called ( wedge mount peanut bulbs ) so where can i buy some of these from , iv found a few places online but i dont remember seeing those .

why is life so complicated .

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks for your help