Thread: How to change skill on Dracula Returns?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default How to change skill on Dracula Returns?

Yes I am doing the reset procedure correctly! Turn reset key to on, power up machine, skill level shows as 3 on the display. Hit the button to change it and nothing happens. I know the key switch and reset button are working from the LEDs that light on the cpu board as I press the buttons. I did a search and found 1 other person who was having the same issue with Net machines but I didn't find any solution. Help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How to change skill on Dracula Returns?

Quote Originally Posted by mike99gt
    Yes I am doing the reset procedure correctly! Turn reset key to on, power up machine, skill level shows as 3 on the display. Hit the button to change it and nothing happens. I know the key switch and reset button are working from the LEDs that light on the cpu board as I press the buttons. I did a search and found 1 other person who was having the same issue with Net machines but I didn't find any solution. Help!
    You're 99% right. After you change the skill level by hitting the button, hold the start lever down for about 10 seconds or so, then turn the reset key off.

THIS PLACE ROCKS !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by computer bob
    You're 99% right. After you change the skill level by hitting the button, hold the start lever down for about 10 seconds or so, then turn the reset key off.
    But the skill level doesn't change when I hit the button on the power box. There aren't any other buttons anywhere in the machine. I can't understand why this machine is different from the others.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: How to change skill on Dracula Returns?

Hello, Try doing the proceedure a little slower. Some machines need to be fully powered down before reset/odds change. After powering down wait 30 sec, then turn reset key to the reset position ( usually 3 o'Clock ). Power back up and then see if the odds number cycles 1-6 when hitting the odds button. Hopefully it does. Pick your setting. I stick with 4. Then press the spin lever down to lock in odds. Turn the reset key back to the normal position and all should be good. Otherwise call the person you bought it from. Also make sure you are hitting the right button to scroll through the odds setting. I found I was hitting the Wrong one on my Metal Slug a few times. Good Luck. Mike : )

YeehaWWWWWW!!!
    - Owner Video Game Connection -
    -" ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO SWITCH “-

5. The following user says "Thanks" to vgc

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mike, I'm having the same problem with a NeoPlanet machine. It is stuck on 6. I even shut mine down overnight and then tried to change the skill setting - no luck yet
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm not a complete idiot
    - some parts are missing
    *Thunder VII**Azteca Legends**NeoPlanetT

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Use a baseball bat, than get a pachinko, they are more fun.

When the key is turned and you power up, is the machine in program mode ?
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One thing you guys can try is the wire harness that comes from the inside of the chassis that connects to the door. The one that crosses the hinge area, On Neo Planet T it will be connector CN7.
    Unplug Machine, Disconnect CN7 connector, clean connection with commpressed air, or a can of dusting spray. Then check to see if the connector has any broken or bent pins, Check to see if this flat ribbon harness has any cracks or severe bends or breaks in it. Reconnect CN7, do a complete reset and test. This harness needs slack for the door movement, sometimes it will get tight and needs a little loosening. Give it a try.

Good luck RJ
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to rjb0388

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by vgc
    Hello, Try doing the proceedure a little slower. Some machines need to be fully powered down before reset/odds change. After powering down wait 30 sec, then turn reset key to the reset position ( usually 3 o'Clock ). Power back up and then see if the odds number cycles 1-6 when hitting the odds
    Thanks for the suggestion Mike. I was having the same problem with another NET machine 7 vs $ and slowing down seemed to take care of it! I had cycled power to the machine too quickly (~5-7 seconds), after I waited longer I can change the skill just fine.