Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2 of my Machines Lock up WHY?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 2 of my Machines Lock up WHY?

Finally got around to putting a 5 amp transformer in Speed Racer.. and now it works A1.. NO Lock-ups at all. However the transformer is still getting hot. I may opt for an even bigger one as you said Jeff it certainly cannot hurt.

Regards,
    Tony
    When I was a kid I didn't just burn the ants with a magnifying glass I followed them back to the hole and commited ant genicide!

2. The following user says "Thanks" to SpeedRacer888

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer888
    Finally got around to putting a 5 amp transformer in Speed Racer.. and now it works A1.. NO Lock-ups at all. However the transformer is still getting hot. I may opt for an even bigger one as you said Jeff it certainly cannot hurt.

Regards,
    Tony
    you might want to put a ammeter on that machine and see what the load is on that transformer ....is it a new transformer or a pull from another machine?
    Jeff

4. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1
    you might want to put a ammeter on that machine and see what the load is on that transformer ....is it a new transformer or a pull from another machine?

Actually its a pull from a 1995 machine. I did get my multimeter out and it draws alot more then the 3 amp x-former that was in it.. sheesh LOL! I put a 4 in and now a 5 and its still hot but not locking up... maybe this machine is a bit of a lemon what do you think. The other Speed Racer I have that is MINT is working great on a 4 amp but I have 2 other x-formers that are brand new one is a 7 amp the other is an 8. I really like speed racer been there from the start if you know what I mean. I am pretty sure I have not seen all the screens on it as of yet heheheh..

Regards
    Tony
    When I was a kid I didn't just burn the ants with a magnifying glass I followed them back to the hole and commited ant genicide!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

put an ammeter in line with the output side of the transformer and look at the current draw at idle and while playing (cashing out 50 tokens to the hopper may be the problem) also test it with the ammeter on the input side it may be the transformer isn't any good ........if the output doesn't match the input in watts then somethings wrong with the transformer (watts = amp X voltage i.e 24volts x 4.0 amps (output side) or .87 amp x 110 volts (input side) both = 96 watts ) your readings may vary !!!!
    Jeff

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

it cant be good if it is drawing more than 5amps in play mode they only usualy draw that in bb mode as all the pachis i seen dont get warm on a 5amp and speed racer is within the age range especialy with a small screen i might understand it if it was hanabi or beast sapp with a large screen to account for the bigger back light causing the draw
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324
    it cant be good if it is drawing more than 5amps in play mode they only usualy draw that in bb mode as all the pachis i seen dont get warm on a 5amp and speed racer is within the age range especialy with a small screen i might understand it if it was hanabi or beast sapp with a large screen to account for the bigger back light causing the draw
    My Fire Drift and T2 both have 5 amp Transformers and both get real hot.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

your transformer shouldnt get hot to the touch , warm yes hot no this may be a sign that the transformer is either defective or deteriorating 5 amp is a good size transformer and should work on about 85 to 90 % of machines but if you install one bigger and its still heating its time to really look into your machine ......
    Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2