Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 of my Machines Lock up WHY?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 2 of my Machines Lock up WHY?

I have a Speed Racer and a Fire Drift that like to lock up. This especially happens when the stop buttons are pressed fast after numerous plays. Any ideas what is going on? I have tried a reset and the machine will reset fine and will paly normal for a bit, but eventually the lock up problem will come back to haunt me within 15 to 30 minutes of hard play. The Fire Drift seems to do it more when you hit a bonus or a large pay out. Anyone with any ideas would be very welcome. The Speed Racer does it when ever it wants. Racer X and Guzmo lights blue this usually only happens (normally on a payout) but this can happen at anytime and then the machine is locked up.. Again any help would be appeciated.

Tony

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 2 of my Machines Lock up WHY?

Lock up in what respect? You can't spin the reels? You can't stop the reels? Is there a pattern to what is going on with the machine at the time?
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

it isnt when you are playing too fast is it as the japanease goverment had features installed in machines to slow down play like in neo planet the wait bar comes up after you press spin?

just a quick guess
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello, Try them in a different outlet. Maybe they are being confused by too little/much power. Odd that they would both be having problems. The only problem I ever had with a customers machine ended up being their outlet. Other than my sick BBD I love the look of that grumble smilie. Makes me happy! Mike : )
    - Owner Video Game Connection -
    -" ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO SWITCH “-

Thanks
    Thanks Received

my street cats will tell me to wait if I stop the reels really fast and hit max bet. but it don't do it when you try to spin....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have noticed pauses on several machines if you try to play too fast. This is especially true on the Spin Luck when Willie plays it. (I think he tries to get a years playing in in just a few days.)

But never a true lock-up.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All machines I've played have the wait time, but I've never seen a lock up where you had to reset

Is there any error message diplayed when this happens?
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by DaStooge
    All machines I've played have the wait time, but I've never seen a lock up where you had to reset

Is there any error message diplayed when this happens?

There is no message that is displayed. However on closer examination there are only 4 amp transformers installed and they are running so hot you cannot touch them. I think it could be the transformers am I right? Here is a detailed explaination on what happens with each machine

Speed Racer - You could be playing it for 10 minutes or 2 hours (even hit a bonus 777) and its fine other times it locks up (Racer X light and Guizmo blue lights light as if in 777 win mode and it locks). You cannot spin the reels. Everything is lit. You hit max bet and nothing until you reset the machine.

Frie Drift - Same thing but happens more lit when it hits a bonus. Its seems to do it only after being run over an hour of operation. Again the transformer is too hot to touch. There is no bonus light that lights up it just locks up and you have to do a reset.. after the reset it will get worse and worse as it is played. (will lock up more frequently).

Whats the min transformer these should be running. I have been experimenting with others that were running hot but none have done this before. Also if in fact it is the transformers does anyone know where I can a nice beefy one at a cheap price and I am in Canada (some people will not ship to Canada).

Thanking You in Advance Tony

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The minimum I would run is 5 amp.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    Ok I will do that. By the way would that be the problem why the machine is locking up? (The amperage being too low on the transformers that are installed in both machines?)

Thanks
    Tony

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's hard to say without putting a meter on the machines at the time but if your transformers is running that hot there's a very good chance they're being asked to output more than they can and you have a potential fire hazard if nothing else.

Since it's happening to all the machines that have the 4 amp that is also a very good indication since most of us have at least 5 amps and machines generally don't lock up.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Excellent Tulsa. I will be changing them tonight and I will keep you updated on what happens. I am very curious to see if this will solve the problem. I aqqired a few old doner macbines over the weekend. I will be posting what I got in the for sale section.

Thanks Again,
    Regards,
    Tony

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if you check other threads on here you'll find that is one of the symptoms of a bum transformer .... change them out for at least 5 amp or higher if possible .the extra wont do any harm since the machine can only draw what it can use any way but if i were you while you are at it put in a 3 amp inline fuse with the black or hot side of the line cord when you install the transformer . no pachislo should be drawing any more than 3 amps from the wall socket unless it has a bad transformer ........in which case it will blow the 3 amp fuse .....
    Jeff

16. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Believe it or not they all have a Three amp fuse in them (even with that 4 amp transformer). I didn't get to changing it as I got 7 machines (all in pieces from 1995 all are Yamasa) and I got digging into one of the 2 Pink Panthers. I did get the Pink Pather up and running (much to my surprise). It was like a jigsaw puzzle.

Thanks
    Tony

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa

Put in the 5 amp for the fire drift.. finally got to it and it works A1!!! Thanks

Tony

Thanks
    Thanks Received

when i suggested a 3 amp fuse it was ment to be put on the supply side of the transformer not the load side your machine should draw about 2 amp max from the wall if it draws more than 3 amps the transformer is overloaded and should be shut down the fuse will do that .......
    Jeff

20. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1
    when i suggested a 3 amp fuse it was ment to be put on the supply side of the transformer not the load side your machine should draw about 2 amp max from the wall if it draws more than 3 amps the transformer is overloaded and should be shut down the fuse will do that .......

Actually it was a 4 amp transformer in Firedrift and it locked. Now I have a five amp and yes I put in the fuse you recommended.. its now working great!

Thanks Again Jeff!!
    When I was a kid I didn't just burn the ants with a magnifying glass I followed them back to the hole and commited ant genicide!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great info guys!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer888
    Actually it was a 4 amp transformer in Firedrift and it locked. Now I have a five amp and yes I put in the fuse you recommended.. its now working great!

Thanks Again Jeff!!

even a 5 amp transformer can burn up over time . all transformers will over time its just the larger the less stress it has to endure sort of like a 4-cyl motor vs a v-8 less work to get the job done and less wear and tear ....that doesnt mean go out and get a utility pole transformer either a 6 amp should be more than enough for these machines but more wont hurt a thing ........(just remember this rating is the secondary or load side that doesnt mean it draws that much from the wall socket it still will draw less than 2.0 amps there .)
    Jeff

24. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Absolutly Jeff.. it is a matter of time. However bigger is better. For sure.

Tony
    When I was a kid I didn't just burn the ants with a magnifying glass I followed them back to the hole and commited ant genicide!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast