Thread: Thank you to the vendor who...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Thank you to the vendor who...

Here is a good laugh for everyone on a Friday!

I want to make a special big thank you to a vendor who will remain nameless but frequents the boards! Apparently this vendor didnt like our competition and reported our auctions to ebay since they did not say that the "machines cant be converted to quarters". eBay ended all of the auctions reported. The great thing for us was that the vendor reported all of our completed auctions that were already paid for and shipped. Even better eBay refunded our fees for the auctions! So a big thank you to the vendor who reported us, you just put a couple hundred dollars back in our pockets!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Thank you to the vendor who...

Alls well that ends well

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Popeye ad was pulled also and I had a pretty detailed disclaimer listed.

PLEASE NOTE: THESE MACHINES CANNOT BE SHIPPED INTO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA

NOTE: This Pachislo machine is Token in, Token out amusement machines and are NOT to be used as a gaming or gambling device in any state or location in the world, where prohibited by law! Laws may change from time to time and we assume no legal responsibility. It is the buyers responsibility to check state and local laws for Pachislo machine ownership prior to purchase. Thank You..
    EBay has requested that we add the following legal disclaimer to our auctions: Non-coin-operated slot machines: Slot machines that do not accept or pay out coins or currency may be listed on eBay regardless of their age, and buyers from all states may participate in these sales. However, slot machines that can be readily converted to use for coins or currency are treated as coin-operated machines and prohibited in Alabama, California, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina and Oregon. Therefore, buyers and sellers in those states may not participate in those listings.

Whats funny is I recieved an e-mail from pachinko palace a few minutes later trying to sell me some games and yes even a Popeye.
    I have another auction listed under another screen name and thats still there. So I don't know what to think.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pretty soon, ebay will decide that it's not worth the extra trouble and decide not to allow any slot machines on their site. they have done it before with items that received alot of complaints because a few people didn't like anyone else selling those types of items. ie Nazi items and the like. The fees from slots and pachislos are so insignificant to their bottom line that if they feel it becomes too much work to police the catagory they will just make it against their rules to sell any type of machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jwegger
    Pretty soon, ebay will decide that it's not worth the extra trouble and decide not to allow any slot machines on their site. they have done it before with items that received alot of complaints because a few people didn't like anyone else selling those types of items. ie Nazi items and the like. The fees from slots and pachislos are so insignificant to their bottom line that if they feel it becomes too much work to police the catagory they will just make it against their rules to sell any type of machine.
    I don't think ebay really cares, as long as they get their cut. I'd say they would be more likely to cut off the troublesome vendors/sellers, complainers. Notice how they only react when there is a complaint, then they ask the seller to add the following bits and relist. complaints like this happen in all catagories all the time about different descriptions. The stuff gets relisted and ebay gets their cut.

Cheers,
    James

Just when you think you've acomplished something!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You were reported by a vendor not by anyone with eBay. I think eBay is bit quick to pull the trigger. If they would look at the person who filed the complaint they would find some errors in their listings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdice
    My Popeye ad was pulled also and I had a pretty detailed disclaimer listed.

PLEASE NOTE: THESE MACHINES CANNOT BE SHIPPED INTO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA

NOTE: This Pachislo machine is Token in, Token out amusement machines and are NOT to be used as a gaming or gambling device in any state or location in the world, where prohibited by law! Laws may change from time to time and we assume no legal responsibility. It is the buyers responsibility to check state and local laws for Pachislo machine ownership prior to purchase. Thank You..
    EBay has requested that we add the following legal disclaimer to our auctions: Non-coin-operated slot machines: Slot machines that do not accept or pay out coins or currency may be listed on eBay regardless of their age, and buyers from all states may participate in these sales. However, slot machines that can be readily converted to use for coins or currency are treated as coin-operated machines and prohibited in Alabama, California, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina and Oregon. Therefore, buyers and sellers in those states may not participate in those listings.

Whats funny is I recieved an e-mail from pachinko palace a few minutes later trying to sell me some games and yes even a Popeye.
    I have another auction listed under another screen name and thats still there. So I don't know what to think.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sellyourstuff
    Here is a good laugh for everyone on a Friday!

I want to make a special big thank you to a vendor who will remain nameless but frequents the boards! Apparently this vendor didn't like our competition and reported our auctions to ebay since they did not say that the "machines cant be converted to quarters". eBay ended all of the auctions reported. The great thing for us was that the vendor reported all of our completed auctions that were already paid for and shipped. Even better eBay refunded our fees for the auctions! So a big thank you to the vendor who reported us, you just put a couple hundred dollars back in our pockets!

its nice to hear someone made out by the snitch shame you didn't out em i wouldn't buy from someone that operates in that manor thats for sure........ i don't buy crap from 5-star as is there shipping packaging is terrible had a don don king delivered with a crushed reel assembly due to their incompatance....
    Last edited by alstonj1; 03-18-2006 at 11:08 AM.
    Jeff