Thread: Hopper token ejector system.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hopper token ejector system.

Hi all,

Maybe some of you knowledgeable folk could help me out here.
    Is there a device that would allow me to hit a button and spit out 250 tokens?

I go to play, get key, open door, retrieve a bunch of tokens, close door, then play.
    I run out of tokens, open door ... you get the idea.
    Every time I open door there is increased chance to cause damage.

I am not looking for an auto-credit device, I know I can credit 50 then cash 50, and repeat 5 times. I like playing the coins, and the effort of putting them into the machine, the sounds, etc.

How are the hoppers electrically connected, or triggered.

Any thoughts

Thanks Rich.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hopper token ejector system.

Might just be easier / cheaper to buy 1000 Tokens no need for modifications etc...
    there are a lot of ebay.com auctions at the moment for tokens..

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On some machines there is a switch on the power supply if flipped will payout tokens from the hopper you could hook a switch in parallel on the outside I would think

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You really are not going to be able to enjoy the machine with only 250 tokens. You're gonna need more to properly use it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    You really are not going to be able to enjoy the machine with only 250 tokens. You're gonna need more to properly use it.
    True my first machine came with only 450 and I only had about 250 in the hopper and playing with the other 200 hit the big bonus and HO error out of tokens now I have 1000 for each of my 8 machines

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver
    Hi all,

Maybe some of you knowledgeable folk could help me out here.
    Is there a device that would allow me to hit a button and spit out 250 tokens?

I go to play, get key, open door, retrieve a bunch of tokens, close door, then play.
    I run out of tokens, open door ... you get the idea.
    Every time I open door there is increased chance to cause damage.

I am not looking for an auto-credit device, I know I can credit 50 then cash 50, and repeat 5 times. I like playing the coins, and the effort of putting them into the machine, the sounds, etc.

How are the hoppers electrically connected, or triggered.

Any thoughts

Thanks Rich.

what machine is this and who made it ?
    i have converted my hanabi with a simple double pole double throw switch to deliver tokens to the tray on demand its a very easy mod that doesnt cause any problems with the machine . it interupts the 24 volt lines into the hopper and supply's 24 volts directly to the hopper allowing for as many tokens as you wish when you wish then flipped back resumes hopper function . on some machines you may have to perform a soft reset as the hopper notices tokens being ejected when the call isn't there to do that function but aruze -elco models don't monitor that function during normal play just during payouts to see if your machine does monitor the function just turn the hopper token wheel and eject a token manually if it doesn't error your OK , if it does error a simple turn of the door key in the opposite direction should clear the error .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1
    i have converted my hanabi with a simple double pole double throw switch to deliver tokens to the tray on demand its a very easy mod that doesnt cause any problems with the machine . it interupts the 24 volt lines into the hopper and supply's 24 volts directly to the hopper allowing for as many tokens as you wish when you wish then flipped back resumes hopper function . on some machines you may have to perform a soft reset as the hopper notices tokens being ejected when the call isn't there to do that function but aruze -elco models don't monitor that function during normal play just during payouts to see if your machine does monitor the function just turn the hopper token wheel and eject a token manually if it doesn't error your OK , if it does error a simple turn of the door key in the opposite direction should clear the error .
    Thats pretty cool. Can you give instructions so us less mechanical type folk can do this also.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Please make sure when you're buying a pachislo from anyone they include at the very least 500 tokens. You cannot effectively play with less than this number. If the seller won't give you this many, buy from one who will.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    Please make sure when you're buying a pachislo from anyone they include at the very least 500 tokens. You cannot effectively play with less than this number. If the seller won't give you this many, buy from one who will.
    or buy more, my personal favorite vendor only includes 250 tokens. But the great deals that I get from him leaves plenty of cash for tokens
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    Might just be easier / cheaper to buy 1000 Tokens no need for modifications etc...
    there are a lot of ebay.com auctions at the moment for tokens..
    Thanks for the thought but I have plenty of tokens in my machines. 750 to 1000 each. It's just a pain in the A.... when the machine goes on a cold streak and I'm reaching back, so to speak.

Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1
    This is on the line that I am interested in.
    What signals and voltages do the hoppers use?

I have a lot of different machines and styles of hoppers.

Rich.
    Last edited by Qsilver; 03-15-2006 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

heres the easiest method take out your hopper and flip it upside down and trace the two wires going to the motor on the hopper back to the plug on the hopper once found place a thin wire in each pin hole and reconnect it to the machine then attach a meter to the two wires make sure that they don't touch one another or ground on the cabinet anywhere . now turn on the machine and feed it 50 tokens . then turn on the meter and hit the cash-out button watch the meter as the tokens empty into the tray . observe the voltage applied to the motor (usually 24volts but some older units are 100 volt .) also observe the polarity of the wires your connected to if its reading -24volts then your leads are backward .... now all you need to do is take a double pole double throw switch and solder about 2 feet of wire to each pole(or what ever length you need to mount the switch where you wish) on the switch then cut the wire to the positive on the hopper and solder the hopper side to the center pin wire of one side of the switch and the other side to the wire on the top pole of the same side of the switch . then you'll need to find a source for the voltage necessary usually the relay panel on the machine has a fuse on it and the voltage is the same i tapped mine at the load side of the fuse solder that to the bottom pole of the switch .that completes the positive side . now for the negative side some machines have a negative on the hopper at all times if yours is one then your done . if not then you'll have to find a negative to use i found a suitable negative wire on the token overflow prongs that are unused anymore for home use . follow the same procedure as you did for the positive wire connecting the negative side of the switch (hopper side to the center pin wire , other side to the top pin wire and the negative you found to the bottom pin wire .) you should be finished and ready to go ....... turn on your machine and if it starts spiting tokens hit the switch if not flip the switch and hopefully it should start spitting tokens out . now turn it off and repeat the token test and cash out your hopper should work normally ...... if you error out when the tokens come out from manual mode then a simple key soft reset should take care of it (still better than opening the door all the time ) this mod is great cause the kids can get their own tokens and the keys can be put away ..... besides it doesnt matter how many tokens you have your gonna run out of ones in the tray and have to open the door some time to get more this eliminates that . i hid my switch by mounting it in the handle slot on the side can hardly see it and guests don't know its there......
    Last edited by alstonj1; 03-16-2006 at 09:28 AM.
    Jeff

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

heres the original thread with pics. just scroll down till you see the hopper pics
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6764
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the help so far.

I guess I was interested in the signals and other wires that go to a hopper.

There is a pair for the motor, I asume this is typically DC.

What other types of signals comands etc. are there?
    Is there a coin out contact ?
    Is a hopper very basic?
    Are they easy to take apart without breaking?

Rich.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

your not going to find detailed info on these machines the Japanese are very tight lipped about such details . the only way is to reverse engineer the machine most is quite simple till you hit the processor board logic then you'll be tied up for some time .also a generic approach is pretty much out of the question not all machines are alike even by the same manufacturer. if i were you I'd stick with the kiss principal especially with multiple machines by different makers.....
    Last edited by slotter; 03-18-2006 at 12:03 PM.
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks All.

I will post a thread of my adventure when/if I begin.

Richard.