Thread: Been Noticing a Trend the last few months

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Been Noticing a Trend the last few months

The last few weeks, I've been noticing more dealers are putting vintage machine up for sale at the swap meets and flea markets I visit on weekends. The Antique dealers are the funniest, saw a 1970's Nishijin for $225.00, rusty and dusty, heavy water damage around the pins and no balls. Saw another one a few weeks later, much better shape missing the front glass, about 400 balls, for $20.00 or Best Offer. So I ask the seller, what's his best price, he thinks for a minute and says $5.00. Needless to say I picked that one up. I've also seen 5 or 6 others mostly in the $75.00-$100.00 range. In comparison,
    In comparison, I think I saw maybe 2 machines in all of 2005.

On another note, I've been noticing more Dealers trying to sell Pachislo's at these events as well. Alot of these appear to come from storage auctions and the dealers have no Idea what they are selling, prices are in the $200-$300 range, at least until the swap meet operators make the seller put the machine away. I've seen at least 6 pachislos offered at over a dozen differnt locations here in California.

Hopefully more of these under appreciated items will make their way to people that can appreciate them.

Jim

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to jwegger