Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gun-owners

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Gun-owners

Anyone can own a silencer in the US. You have to pass an extensive background check and the transfer fees are prohibitive as luckydog mentioned, but if you have the money they are a nice investment. It means you can go shooting on National Forest land (in safe areas) without disturbing people or wildlife.

Actually, let me rephrase that. Silencers (or "suppressors") or not illegal under federal law, but ownership laws vary from state to state.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to noobie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I haven't hunted deer in a long time. Sold the Remington 870 with the wood stock when I moved once. Wish I didn't! I don't like the new cheaper 870s with the matte black and plastic stock. I mostly go squirrel hunting now with a pheasant stamp so if I flush one out I can take a shot. A 12 Gage single shot for the wife. A 12 gage automatic made by JC Higgins ( old Sears Brand) Don't use it anymore. Something is worn down inside and when you pull trigger it shoots off two shells one right after each other so fast you swear it only shot once but there are two shells on the ground. If you need something dead and don't plan on eating it this is the gun for you! The old standby Marlin 22 Auto. Then my gun I use for hunting, a Savage Model 24 over and under. 22 long rifle on top, 20 gage on bottom. Simmons scope rated for use with the shot gun. Black flat matte finish and the plastic composite stock. I originally wanted the old version of this gun. A little shorter, blued barrel, wood stock, and a lot lighter! But with my eyes I need to use a scope and the barrels were to thin to tap and mount the scope. The newer version is OK but heaver than I would like and the morons that designed it did a stupid job on the safety's!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The most fun I've ever had shooting was a Barett .50 rifle. You know, the ones that are designed to go through armored vehicles a mile away. That was a hoot.

My 12-gauge with slugs in it is a close second.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey folks,

I've been down in Wauchula, Florida since the middle of January, and this is the first opportunity I have had to check Pachitalk.

I have had a dealer's licence since the gun control act of 1968 and still have it. I used to blue firearms, and one day back in '68, the BATF folks came along and said I would have to get a dealer's licence if I wanted to continue to work on firearms. Since then, they have made it more difficult to keep your licence, but if you work on firearms for other people, you have to keep your licence up.

While I am not a hunter, I do have a bunch of firearms. I have always liked the military rifles, and I have a fair sampling of those - including three M1 Garands (two Springfields and one Winchester 13). There are also a dozen or handguns, one of which is a very hard to find Megastar in 10 MM.

I also reload for many calibers of metalic cartridges as well as 12, 16, and 20 ga. shotshells. I have also been casting bullets since I first started reloading in the 1960s.

Just think of all the money I have spent on guns and reloading equipment, and, so far, none of my four grandchildren have shown an interest in the stuff. Makes you feel like driving a nail in your foot.

Best wishes to all from sunny Florida,
    Dave Wile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey, David! Good to hear from you after all this time!

I have several handguns, a couple of rifles, and a couple shotguns as well as a ccw license. Living in the country we regularly set up a range in the backyard for practice and proper weapon handling techniques.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Don,

In our old place, I had a range in the back pasture where I could shoot up to 200 yards, and I had a pistol range in the basement where I could shoot 72 feet from muzzle to paper. We also had a number of manual bird throwers and used to bust a lot of clay birds in the back pasture. Now that we moved into our new house, those days are gone. I joined the Mechanicsburg Sportsmen's Assoc. and now shoot claybirds every Thursday with a new bunch of good fellows - when the weather is nice and I am home, of course.

I have a 20 inch 12 ga. pump shotgun with me, and I sometimes find a place to break birds while here in Florida. My shotgun is a cylinder bore that holds eight rounds and is really for protection, but I can still break a few birds with it on the 16 yard trap line. I carry about five boxes of No. 1 buck (16 balls per shell) with me, and, come to think of it, I might actually break more birds with the No. 1 buck than I do with No. 8 shot with that gun.

Best wishes,
    Dave Wile

8. The following user says "Thanks" to David Wile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have 3 Cold-temp Glue Guns, 1 Large Extremely hot Hot Glue Gun, 1 manual Staple Gun and 3 electric Staple Guns.......
    Dawn

10. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I haven't done much clay shooting, but have had a few opportunity's to go. I did a side job of painting at a local shooting club. They invited me to do some shooting and I said I didn't have a gun suitable for it. Was told to just show up and they would lend me a gun to use. When I did the owner was going to let me use the gun they keep in the club house for people like me. A guy said it would be a shame to let someone use that (thing). He hands me his gun and then goes to get another out of his vehicle. It was an over and under silver( I'm guessing nickle Plated) and as light as a feather. It was a dream to shoot! Best gun I have ever used. Everything goes great till the last time I'm up. When I shoot I must have left my thumb on the safety. Next thing I know my thumb is bleeding with a nice chunk out of it. The owner smiles and said I just got blood all over his 5000.00 dollar gun! I said I was and that I was surprised that he would lend it to someone he didn't even know. He said well it's not like I let you use my good gun!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got to many to list so I shot a few pictures of the upstairs valt. The downstairs one is all cosmolined one in boxes.

"This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Damm Arby ya a gun runner and have leftovers from the old days?
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is there anything you don't have Arby? What does it say on the front of the vault door? I can't read it with the camera flash.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ArBuckles Last Bank of Czech village

In God we trust all others pay cash

I get a hernia just openning the door

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Fine looking collection Arby , as I am pretty fam with firearms with 20 plus years in the milatary
    Don

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh the uzi is in .45 cal and I got a full conversion to 9mm

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice

where did you ever find that conversion as all i ever seen was in 45
    Last edited by d mowery; 02-24-2006 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by d mowery
    nice

where did you ever find that conversion as all i ever seen was in 45
    Isreil

I have a AK paratrooper that is barreled in .223 to shoot our ammo.
    You know what they were thinking when they made them

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Note to self: DON'T MESS WITH DA ARBUCKLE!!

I know somewhere in the back there's a space ship and an alien in a bottle too!

Can I have the M60 with the pedastal mount for my truck? I have to go to South Central every now and then!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a ol AK with out baynut lug a chicom copy I brought out from Nam but had to cut the barral to git it out , full auto ,makes a nice wall hanger , action worth more than the whole gun ,

seen a postol form over ther Israil that is that was chamberd for 308 , one long cylinder , dont know if any one ever shot it , man did it look dangerious poobly tear the web right of yer hand
    Last edited by d mowery; 02-24-2006 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What shakes the skitles out of me is my .50 cal bmg single shot, the bruse takes a week to go away if you shoot it to many times in a row

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow Arby you had me worried for a minute thought I was going to se a shoulder fired missile in there some where all looks like personal protection to me.:rocketwho

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast