Thread: Lots of Basic Pachinko Questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Lots of Basic Pachinko Questions

I've heard that in Japanese pachinko parlors, the machines are all hooked up to some sort of network. How is this? Are pachislo machines able to hook up together in a similar manner? Also, how do they count the balls and tokens when you exchange them? Is there a ball counter machine or a token counter machine or is it by weight? Is it true that you buy the balls out of a vending machine in some parlors? Lastly, this is a pachislo question, why must you manually reset the machine after a huge bonus round? Sorry, these are just questions that I've had for a while and I just remembered them. Thanks for all your input so far, you all - these forums are a blast!

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Lots of Basic Pachinko Questions

Quote Originally Posted by djioh
    I've heard that in Japanese pachinko parlors, the machines are all hooked up to some sort of network. How is this? Are pachislo machines able to hook up together in a similar manner?
    There is a connector like a phone socket that does seem to connect to a hub that connects to the parlor computer. I believe it isn't to change settings but for information gathering. The ball loan/CR units, ball/token counters also connect to this system.

Also, how do they count the balls and tokens when you exchange them? Is there a ball counter machine or a token counter machine or is it by weight?
    There are ball/token counters usually at the end of the aisle. An attendant takes you winnings to the counters and you get a printed receipt.
    Ball counter with printer:

Receipt
    Translated

The token counters look similar. The protrusion in the front is for the 'remainder' balls. Every parlor has a number of balls per unit. This number can be set on the counter. In the above picture, the red (left) number is the number of Units, the green (middle) number is total balls and the yellow (right) number is the remainder. Say the unit number is 50. You have 1728 balls. The counter will say, from left to right 34,1728,28. If the yellow button (to the right of the numbers) is pushed, you get a receipt for 1700 balls and your 28 remainder come out the protrusion in the front. I guess you can go off and play them out. Pressing the green button will give you a receipt for the total amount.

Is it true that you buy the balls out of a vending machine in some parlors?
    In the older system, they were purchased from an end aisle machine or a free standing unit. But that makes you have to get up and leave your machine which means you aren't playing and they aren't making money so they're attached to the pachinko/pachislo's now.

Lastly, this is a pachislo question, why must you manually reset the machine after a huge bonus round?
    I assume this is mostly for parlors that don't have a token handling system and this allows them to refill the hopper if you happened to empty it. There should be a switch inside that allows either to have to reset or not after a bonus.

Sorry, these are just questions that I've had for a while and I just remembered them. Thanks for all your input so far, you all - these forums are a blast!
    No problem, that's what we're all here for!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the info! Anyone else have anything to add?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

he pretty much summed it up.
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン