Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just bought my 1st Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Just bought my 1st Pachinko

Hi all

Just wanted to say am well impressed with the site and knowledge in the forums as a 1st time poster.

Just bought myself a Thunderbirds V2 Pachinko and should get it posted this week.

As a complete beginner, is there anything you guys would recommend I do (I have been reading through many thread in the last 2 days to get an idea), but in particular, if anyone has owned this machine, would you say it is a good 1st timer pachinko?

I met Nik from Just Pachikos in December at a show as I am in the UK (hi Nik if your reading) and although didn't get this machine from him (got it 2nd hand privately, as too cheap to turn down for my 1st machine) I will no doubt be a happy customer of his in the future for my machines - he was really friendly and thanks to him coming to the same show as us, it has got my taste for Pachinko.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the great info you guys have on here and as i said, this may be my 1st pachinko, but by no means my last.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Just bought my 1st Pachinko

Welcome btyler1978, to the best home on the net!

I don't own a Thunderbird, but I understand it is a good one. Enjoy your stay here!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome

Being new, the first thing you're going to do once you've unpacked the TB2 and set it in an appropriate location is to fill the top rear hopper with balls, if none have been in there you'll hear them filling the raceway. Then fill the front top ball tray with balls.

Plug the unit in, grab the shooter knob, turn it to the right making sure you have a connection to the metal band that wraps around the shooter knob as this is a grounding source once it's in contact with your skin. Turn the knob and start shooting the balls. You can rapid fire them or vary your sequence of shooting and there's even a button somewhere on that model, probably on the shooter knob itself that will stop the balls being shot when depressed. This will allow you to hold the knob at a certain position for power and release one to as many as you want at one time.

If you purchased it from an individual you may already have volume controls on it, in which case it should be fine, if they did not do this addition to the machine, you'll notice it's very loud and you'll want to do this modification, unless you're totally deaf of course.

The basic object is to spin the video reels to match three in a row and you enter a fever or bonus round. You spin the reels by landing a ball in the center pocket just beneath the video. Other pockets once you landed a ball will payout some balls to you and a center pocket will payout some balls as well but spinning the reels is the main objective.

Keep a supply of balls in a tray that you can fill up the top rear hopper with and every so often stop to retrieve the shot balls from the back. These are the balls that didn't land in a payout pocket and fall to the rear where you need to be sure to play a tray to capture these or you will have balls all over the place.

We don't want to steal away all the fun of learning to play these machines, so this will get you going and sit back for a great ride!
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are a member of a new nation, Pachination

The concept of PachiTalk was to bring together anyone and everyone who has a passion for these amazing Japanese creations. Once you stepped through the doors at PachiTalk.com, you become part of the Pachination.
    You are no longer Japanese, American, English, Italian, German, etc. (If I missed you I am sorry). You are now considered a Pachinational, put that on an application! We are all one big entity amongst ourselves and our Pachis. Segregation is not our philosophy and the seperating of diffent cultures will not happen, we are one, under the Pachi Flag.

We are the United Nations of Pachiland....
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the site btyler1978. Look around and enjoy and start making room for more toys!
    Never met a Pachi I didn't like!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Really lookiing forward to getting my machine now and the advice above is superb for a newbie like me to this - although I have a deep love for gaming too - mainly retro gaming, but this might just tske up a lot of my time in the near future.

I know it's a little forward, but for my 2nd machine, is there another machine you could recommend at all to me - thought about the Star Wars one, but that would be just for the Theme and want to try and look beyond that and try something different.

Any recommendations you could offer?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't look beyond theme. Theme is king with these machines. With the slight exception of the new Top Gun which has me drooling like a school boy with his first playboy mag, the Star Wars is the best of the best. The themes are plentiful and there is certainly something to interest everyone.

There are different styled machines out there, you have the lastest with the videos and prior to that were the giant LED models like the Heiwa's Thunderzone and Taiyo's Giant Seven and you have the reel style which are basically slot machines, like Heiwa's Batman or Sankyo's Fever the King and Fever Seven Mission.

There's something that will interest you to be sure. Check our our musuem, the link in the the navbar above each screen on the forum. It requires a separate registration from the forum but use the same username as you did for the forum. We have over 500 pachinko's listed and it's a great place to start doing research.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I second that. Besides, I understand that Star Wars is good for other reasons than just its theme. My advice is to just make sure that you choose carefully, especially if you've got limited funds or space.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome BTyler1978.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by btyler1978
    As a complete beginner, is there anything you guys would recommend I do ?
    ....yeah sell it now before the fever takes hold........

seriously if you like the theme, then I am sure you'll love it..... I thought I'd actually prefer pachislo's to begin with , but now I much prefer Pachinko.......

Also while you are waiting have a good read on faqs for beginners, covering issues such as as set up, gameplay styles..... and especially why you cant get the balls into the scoring pockets becuase the nails are bent over.....

.... oh and start planning now for where you are going to put your next machine, and start budgeting for some serious tinkering time.....

Enjoy !

BIG"S"
    Pachinko: Star Wars, Gachinko 7, Thunderzone, Apollo, Top Gun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsasquatch
    ....yeah sell it now before the fever takes hold........

seriously if you like the theme, then I am sure you'll love it..... I thought I'd actually prefer pachislo's to begin with , but now I much prefer Pachinko.......

Also while you are waiting have a good read on faqs for beginners, covering issues such as as set up, gameplay styles..... and especially why you cant get the balls into the scoring pockets becuase the nails are bent over.....

.... oh and start planning now for where you are going to put your next machine, and start budgeting for some serious tinkering time.....

Enjoy !

BIG"S"
    I'm with you there. I bought a Pachislo, as I didn't have enough room to fit a UK fruit machine in the games room. I got into this site and due to all the comments bought myself a Star Wars Pachinko. I now play that more than the Pachislo, and the funny thing is, I still don't know why it's so addictive??!?! It's like the machine has some sort of hold over you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    I still don't know why it's so addictive??!?! It's like the machine has some sort of hold over you.
    Well part of it for me is the tinkering.....theres always something to be fiddling around with.....nails, balls...building cabinets etc....theres definitely a much higher fiddle factor with a 'Chinko....but gameplay wise somehow just more mesmerising.....

BIG"S"
    Pachinko: Star Wars, Gachinko 7, Thunderzone, Apollo, Top Gun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

addiction can be a good thing, when it comes to pachinkos
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys for the above..........got the same feeling too, with spending more time on the Pachinko than will be heathly.

Been browsing more since last night and found some useful info - been already getting ideas for my 2nd pachinko.

Now.............just gotta find the room!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME

I have bought two machines off Nik they come very well packed the courier he uses is excellent and for a first machine they are very good because he labels everthing

Lion is very good for lots of different game play but I also love Magic Party
    and Popeye is good and Sea Story is good

My preferences of these four are
    1st LION 2nd MAGIC PARTY 3rd POPEYE 4th SEA STORY

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lucky20
    WELCOME

I have bought two machines off Nik they come very well packed the courier he uses is excellent and for a first machine they are very good because he labels everthing

Lion is very good for lots of different game play but I also love Magic Party
    and Popeye is good and Sea Story is good

My preferences of these four are
    1st LION 2nd MAGIC PARTY 3rd POPEYE 4th SEA STORY
    Thanks for that. Yup Nik seems a really nice guy - I have my own website for retro-gaming, so I did send him a message after the last event to ask for a link to his site, as there was a lot of interest in the Pachinko;s there and would be nice to put something back into this hobby Pachinko's for the UK users - he seemed to really enjoy what he does and that is nice to see.

I will have a look at your recommendations Lucky20 in the museum, appreciate having the opinions of peeps that know their stuff - as I said, I am a complete beginner and this is a nice place to hang and chat about a common interest!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome BTyler1978.
    I think you'll enjoy your stay here, you've allready seen the plethora of info on these machines, amazing support and quite a feeling of comradery. you have landed in a great place !
    Thomas P.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachi Central where all your pachi needs are met. It's a virtual buffet of Pachi Knowledge and best of all provided to you at NO COST.

Pachi Hard! SChaos

Pachitalk will not be held responsible for the crack like addiction to pachis which we fuel. As a pachitalk member you release your rights to hold pachitalk responsible for the following: Carpal wrists, Twitching Thumb, Broke back elbow, booty bed soars from sitting in front of machines, arthritis and let's not forget the empty bank account. Signed the management

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well just got my 1st Pachinko delivered about 2 hours ago and loving it!!!!!!!

I don't have volume controls fitted (yet), so very loud, but it is in great condition from what I have seen and came with about 700 balls, so will have to order some more, plus a key.

I done a search for volume controls, but most/all seem to be outside the UK.

I will email Nik and see if he can help and supply volume controls, as couldn't see them on his website.

Thanks again everyone, once I get it settled into it's new home in the spare room, I will post pics of my set-up and my run down.

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Which machine did you get?
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast