Default Re: Rag Time piano & TJ

They wouldn't play for me either.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SChaos
    Tony ---

If you do want me to help you convert your files into mp3 format so you can share it via email send me a PM and I'll give you my home email.

For example you could send me one of your files then I'll convert it and send it back for you to review....

Certainly willing to help a pachifriend...

By the way when I studied piano as a kid my favorite was always Rag Time - "Scott Joplin" Maple Leaf and The Entertainer my two favs.

Greg
    Many thanks for the offer, Greg, but I do convert them to MP3 already. After that it's up to you.

I think, well really I know I have both of those. They'll be on a CD for you.

Y'all remember, I don't / can't play, just punch the tunes in, one note at a time. And all I ever did when I was young was bang on the piano. Did get a little past Chopsticks, but not much further.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome, generous offer, TJ. And I'd love to be able to listen to the samples. But I can't even get past the putfile site. It keeps generating a Windows Error and restarting IE. I have no idea why. But thanks again for the offer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

TJ I don't listen to music that much and don't need a CD but thanks for the offer.

I however wanted to help those who are having problems with Putfile.
    Like TJ said these are just a MP3 so it must be a File Association/MIME problem or setting with there Web Browser.
    So Just save the links and play in whatever.
    Tempation-Rag 1.39MB -- 01:31 MIN -- 128 Kbps
    Solvejgs-Lied 2.78MB -- 03:02 MIN -- 128 Kbps

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Araknis

Thanks
    Thanks Received

TJ

Since you already know how to do the mp3 conversion why not put all the songs on putfile as suggested so we can all start downloading. NO need for burning CD's or shipping costs and for those of us that want a CD we can make our own after we download the MP3. Certainly, if you need my help just let me know.

I'd be the first to download and have a listen. I listened to both of the files last night when I got home and so now my critique.

Amazing
    How you were able to get the timing so precise and manage to capture "feeling"
    You must be able to assign a loadness volume for each note. Something for those of us who play take for granted with touch sensitiviy. I can't tell you how many people I've run into who can play but sound like a machine and w/o feeling. You were able to give the musical works feeling and that shows the musicain in you. Final word.... IMPRESSIVE! I look forward to hearing the rest.

By the way which software are you using? I use a Roland XP80 workstation with a build in sequencer and when I need to really get serious I have Sonar formerly known as cakewalk.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

TJ

Since you already know how to do the mp3 conversion why not put all the songs on putfile as suggested so we can all start downloading. NO need for burning CD's or shipping costs and for those of us that want a CD we can make our own after we download the MP3. Certainly, if you need my help just let me know.

I'd be the first to download and have a listen. I listened to both of the files last night when I got home and so now my critique.
    I wasn't aware you could download anything from putfile. If you can, that would be by far easier.

Amazing
    How you were able to get the timing so precise and manage to capture "feeling"
    You must be able to assign a loadness volume for each note. Something for those of us who play take for granted with touch sensitiviy. I can't tell you how many people I've run into who can play but sound like a machine and w/o feeling. You were able to give the musical works feeling and that shows the musicain in you. Final word.... IMPRESSIVE! I look forward to hearing the rest.
    Man, coming from a REAL musician, that really is a great critique! Thank you!
    Yes, using Noteworthy, the software I use for this, you can control loudness to a degree, even on a single chord. But it's a booger to do that.
    I already have the CDs made, and the cost to mail them is minimal.

By the way which software are you using? I use a Roland XP80 workstation with a build in sequencer and when I need to really get serious I have Sonar formerly known as cakewalk.
    As I mentioned, the software is Noteworthy, that's all I use other than the conversion program. Now the kid that put the software on my computer looked for and found (lord only knows where) the digitized sound of a Steinway grand piano. I also have another little program that converts the MIDI files (Noteworthy can save them in that format too) called Audio Compisitor. Then, finally, I use Super MP3 WAV Converter to get them into MP3 format.

Quote Originally Posted by Araknis
    TJ I don't listen to music that much and don't need a CD but thanks for the offer.

I however wanted to help those who are having problems with Putfile.
    Like TJ said these are just a MP3 so it must be a File Association/MIME problem or setting with there Web Browser.
    So Just save the links and play in whatever.
    I can't thank you enough, Araknis! I don't understand all the File Association/MIME problems putfile seems to have, even with some video. But yours work like a champ!
    Anyway, many, many thanks!

Tony ---

Certainly willing to help a pachifriend...

By the way when I studied piano as a kid my favorite was always Rag Time - "Scott Joplin" Maple Leaf and The Entertainer my two favs.

Greg
    All help will be greatly appreciated, Greg!

By the way, I just checked and I don't have a copy of Joplin's "The Entertainer"

I'm amazed, because Scott Joplin and James Scott are two of my favorite composers for rag time. But bet your bippy, I have the music and will punch it in soon.
    Last edited by Tony Junior; 02-18-2006 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Until I can get set up with Sid and his generous offer to host a lot of these music files, and until the post office opens and I can get the CDs in the mail, I thought I'd put a couple more up on putfile. They, like the videos, probably won't be there long though.

Anyway, and CLAU, I hope you give a listen, here is one classical.

Fifth-Nocturne by Leybach

And this was my only attempt at boogie, which I did not include on any of the CDs.

Bumble-Boogie

I hope you enjoy them.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Tony Junior

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok gang,

A few people have asked that TJ to put the files up on a site so that they can be downloaded so that you can create your own cd's. I tried to download it and all it did was download the link to the song, just like clicking the link above.
    As far as I can tell, you can't download the actual song.
    Proud owner of a TOMCAT AND a SPIN LUCK!!!!!.....And now, a Thunderbirds Pachinko!!! THANK YOU Pachitalk family!!!! I have been drawn over to the DARK SIDE!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

stewjr62,

I use have quicktime pro set for the mp3 mime type and it is easy to download just save as source.

However, here is another thing you can do...If you know how.
    I assume you will be using Internet Explorer.
    Well just View Source (you can right click, use toolbar Icon, or go to View, then Source) Easy to just hold down the Alt key and press v then c.

It will open up your source editor in most cases Notepad.
    Hit CTRL + F (to open the Find Dialog)
    Type in .MP3 and hit Find Next
    It will take you to a section similar to the following.
    Last edited by Araknis; 02-20-2006 at 03:50 PM.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Araknis

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm having the opposite problem - I started to listen to the first and now can't make it stop!!! I've closed it down and it's still going?!?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Man Araknis, you do know computers! WAY over my ol' head!

SChaos/Greg, I found an arrangement of "The Entertainer" and punched it in. If you want to critique it, please do! BTW, it is not on the CDs I've already burned.

The Entertainer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    I'm having the opposite problem - I started to listen to the first and now can't make it stop!!! I've closed it down and it's still going?!?
    Mike sounds like your media player process did not close correctly.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Araknis, it's good to know there was a reason for it - all sorted now. Very good music again TJ.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by musky
    Bravo TJ, the quality is excellent. You did very well. What software are you using? I'm looking for a good sequencer to do some MIDI work myself.
    Musky, I'm so sorry, I never answered your question!

I use Noteworthy to punch in the music, once it's finished I save it in MIDI format, then I use Audio Compositor to convert the MIDI to WAV. Finally I use Super MP3 WAV Converter to get them into MP3 format.

None of the converters take long to do their job.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Araknis
    stewjr62,

I use have quicktime pro set for the mp3 mime type and it is easy to download just save as source.

However, here is another thing you can do...If you know how.
    I assume you will be using Internet Explorer.
    Well just View Source (you can right click, use toolbar Icon, or go to View, then Source) Easy to just hold down the Alt key and press v then c.

It will open up your source editor in most cases Notepad.
    Hit CTRL + F (to open the Find Dialog)
    Type in .MP3 and hit Find Next
    It will take you to a section similar to the following.
    If I want to save any file from Putfile, (using Firefox), wait for the file to load, right click on the media window (or the media bar for audio) and click 'Properties'. At the bottom of that window should be a listing for 'Location' with the URL of where the file is. Copy the URL, open another tab, paste the URL and enter. If your system isn't configured to handle files of that type with a default program, a window with 'Save file to disk' will appear. Otherwise, wait for the file to load completely, click 'File' (at the top left), 'Save Page As', and enter. The only thing I haven't been able to get with this method are MOV files (right click disabled).

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

20. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

compirate are you able to obtain MOV files using my method of View Source?

Both of our methods will work as they are both just getting the URL of the Media we are trying to copy.
    I actually do it more like your method, however wanted to show something universal to do as each person's computer have a different Media Player associated and each Player is a little different.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To all who were kind enough to ask for a CD....
    I decided to just send both rag-time and classical to everyone. If you don't like one or the other, make a frisbee out of it.

They were mailed this afternoon.
    TJ

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tony Junior

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Tony !!!! Can't wait.
    I hope that there is a return address so I can send thanks.
    Muchos gracias
    Thomas P.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you all for asking for the music. Remember, what rag-time you get is only a small portion of what I have punched in. But I'm not happy with the tempo of so many of them.

What I will do is re-do them and bring the tempo up, but that will take time. By then perhaps I will have things worked out with Sid and post many of them on his site. providing he is still willing to host them and I get Cute FTP registered.

I hope you enjoy them half as much as I enjoyed punching them in.

One thing I do want to mention is a flaw in at least one of the classical numbers, The Tchikovsky Concerto No. One, the long one. For some reason I hear single notes that aren't supposed to be there. If you're not familiar with that piece, you can really notice it at the very end.

Obviously one of the conversion programs added them, and I suspect it is the 'audio compositor.' I never hear that in short pieces, like rags.

I don't ask for anything in return for these CDs, but I would appreciate any comments.

Thank y'all again.

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tony Junior

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The offer is still open TJ...

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast